Welcome to the IPA
The Independent Pilots Association (IPA) is an airline pilots association and trade union for aviation professionals. Our members are commercial airline pilots, as well as flying instructors and those who fly a wealth of operations globally. Most of our work is based in the UK; and, if you fly under a UK contract as a full member of the IPA, we will be able to assist you in issues arising in your employment.
Why become a member of the Independent Pilots Association?
- We provide up to £30,000 in house legal cover for employment disputes. Where a case has a reasonable prospect of success, we can also undertake Employment Tribunal claims.
- Our Board of Directors have experience from across the UK aviation industry, both fixed wing and rotary. Our Directors fly for a variety of UK operators.
- We do not have any allegiance to any particular airline or pilot group.
- We put our members first.
- From the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been available to members 24/7, via our website, email or phone.
- Regular communication/meetings with members via video conferencing platforms.
- Open day events held around the UK should there be pilot demand/support.
- Competitive membership rates temporarily reduced as we know how hard things are for many members at the moment.
- During the current pandemic, pilots continue to join the IPA, demonstrating the importance of effective union representation